Private Function Policies
All agreements for food and beverage commitment or room arrangements are subject to policies of Wisp Restaurant and Lounge and are contingent upon the following:
- The given quote can be subject to change due to possible rise in food, beverage, or other costs of operation at the time of scheduled private function. Under this contract, the client permits Wisp Restaurant and Lounge to raise prices and/or make reasonable substitutions when necessary, and agrees to pay the additional cost or to accept such substitutions.
- An 18% service fee (subject to change) will be added to all food and beverage charges plus 4.712% sales tax.
- A $500 non-refundable deposit will be required to reserve the function space upon acceptance of this agreement. The deposit will be credited toward the total charges for the event. If the event is cancelled, the client will forfeit their deposit.
- There is a $2000 minimum for the Banquet Room. There is a $5000 minimum for the Restaurant Buyout. There is a $500 minimum for the Private Dining Room. The minimum amounts do not include tax and tip.
- Full payment is required 3 days prior to the event via cash, credit card, or check.
- CANCELLATION: Should the private function cancel within 21 days prior to the scheduled function, a charge of 25% of the estimated food and beverage revenues will be assessed. If cancellation is made within 14 days prior to the scheduled event, 100% of the estimated food and beverage revenues will be charged. For events occurring on or about November 15, 2018 through January 15, 2018 (holiday season), there will be no refunds given on cancellations.
- Once food times are set, food cannot be delayed longer than 30 minutes. If food is delayed longer than 30 minutes, additional fees will be charged.
- All food and beverage items must be consumed within the premises of Wisp Restaurant and Lounge. No outside food or beverages are allowed to the function unless prior arrangements have been made with Wisp Restaurant and Lounge. Wisp Restaurant and Lounge has the right to assess an additional charge for the service or preparation for service of outside food or beverages. If outside food or beverages are brought to the function without prior permission Wisp Restaurant and Lounge reserves the right to retain outside food and beverage items until the end of the function.
- Due to health code laws/violations, business liability, and for your safety, clients may not take buffet food home unless if the buffet food is catered from an outside source. The maximum time for buffet food to be out is an hour and a half.
- The client will notify Wisp Restaurant and Lounge Management of the final head count for the function (if food arrangements are made) 10 days prior to the confirmed event. If actual head count exceeds the final head count, an additional fee will be assessed.
- The client will notify Wisp Restaurant and Lounge management of the function area set-up, any equipment requirements, food and beverage selections, and any other needs at least 3 weeks prior to the event. Any requests received after this time cannot be guaranteed; however, every effort will be made to accommodate the client’s requests. (Cost fluctuations may occur)
- There is a 4 hour maximum for private events (not including set up/break down time). An additional charge of $100 per hour will be assessed for the cost of labor thereafter. The function shall conclude by the agreed upon time. If the function program exceeds this time, every effort will be made to accommodate the change of schedule; however extended time is not guaranteed in anyway and overtime charges may be applied.
- Wisp Restaurant and Lounge and the Aqua Aston Lotus Hotel is not responsible for any damage or loss of any merchandise, articles, equipment or property left on hotel/restaurant premises before, during, or after the event by the clients, guests, or independent contractors/vendors. If applicable, prior to the function, arrangements must be made for the security of exhibits, merchandise, or artifacts set up for display.
- Wisp Restaurant and Lounge recommends that merchandise, materials or articles of the client be immediately delivered directly to Wisp Restaurant and Lounge prior to the function.
- The client is responsible for damage to the premises during the time of the function. This includes but not limited to any damages and repairs resulting from objects secured to the walls or doors by hanging, taping, pinning or stapling and/or excessive trash. Wisp Restaurant and Lounge will assess a fee for excessive trash and/or damage to event area.
- A special parking rate can be arranged to the guests attending the function through the Aqua Aston Lotus Hotel. If no parking arrangements are made, there is metered parking across the street at Kapiolani Regional Park (free after 6pm daily) as well as $5 valet parking dictated by Aqua Aston Lotus Hotel. The client may host the parking costs with prior payment arrangements.
- Wisp Restaurant and Lounge and Aqua Aston Lotus Hotel will not be held liable for failure to carry out arrangements covered by this booking arrangement if failure is due to a fire or other casualty, National or State emergencies, strikes, shortages of labor or materials or any other cause or causes beyond the reasonable control of the Wisp Restaurant and Lounge and Aqua Aston Lotus Hotel. In the event of such events, Wisp Restaurant and Lounge’s sole and exclusive obligation to the group shall be the refund of monies deposited.